Thursday 28 February 2013

Sede Vacanta

Some people have been suggesting that, in an unprecedented era for ecclesiastical retirement, I might take the lead from the ex-Pontiff and go into quiet seclusion, perhaps taking the title "Archdruid Emeritus". In fact, someone has taken to sending me typewritten notes on chamomile-scented paper to that effect, signed "A Holy-Well-Wisher".

I would like to point out to whoever the author is that I have no desire to become the power behind the throne, as long as I'm the power on the throne. I wish His Holiness many years, and all the time for prayer, rest and peace that he may have sacrificed during his active ministry. But I'm not off to the Dower House just yet, whatever Young Keith and Charlii may think.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl